Friday, September 4, 2020

Christians are anti-knowledge? Hear the Bible-bashers tell, people should be able to explore any realm of knowledge they choose. Well, that line of logic,

can easily be taken to, for example: i want to know about Jane's finances, oh, and guess what!  i have reasons.  But guess what!  Jane's finances are none of my business, and i can rrreeaassson until the cows jump over the moon.  Doesn't change the facts. 

Some things within, and outside of, this universe, we don't need to know.

6 comments:

  1. I think it's sad how religion has taken you into anti-intellectualism and thinking you aren't supposed to learn things, like you are supposed to remain ignorant on purpose. It's messed up. Religions control people this way telling them knowledge is bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Peeps, intellectual/ism is just a fancy word for braying donkey. Eh, no thanks, and anyway, daylight's burning, and there's work outside i need to get done.

      Delete
    2. I pick intellect, America is crashing because stupidity is being promoted. I am done with a religion that wants me dumbed down.

      Delete
    3. At this point I will leave you to it Sue. Your choice to reject knowledge is scary, I know the fundamentalists indoctrinate people with that garbage. They want people they can control.

      Delete
  2. I think there is a big difference between knowledge exploration and the private data of citizens...unless they are telling me what to do with my earnings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Tabor, there can be a thin line between exploration of technical knowledge and manipulating people with that knowledge. There could come a time where medical insurance claims are denied because the data shows that Jane (who has worked and paid into the system for the last 1/2 century) has bought a few too many packages of cookies over the years.

    ReplyDelete