Monday, September 7, 2020

Answered prayer. A few years ago, i prayed that somewhere, some young enterprising women

would design long flowey dresses, skirts and froofey petticoats to wear underneath.  Well guess what?  There's quite a few seamstresses on you-tube that are doing just that.  Thank You, Lord Jesus.   For atleast some, this is a business.  Yaay, you go gals, take womanhood back, because it's been long stolen from us by the mainstream, pro androg, fast-fashion pervs.  Anyway, enjoying the videos, and learning some sewing tips.  i hope to start up sewing again come winter.  It's been almost two years since i made me any duds. 

Speaking of sewing tips, mom told me the reason why wool garments are lined is because the lining preserves the outer garment.  Well, that got me to thinking (yeah, i know, being a Christian, i'm supposed to have put my brain out with the trash, but anyway...) it occurred to me, that the reason my cotton dresses (can't afford fine wool) are still wearable (though faded and rather threadbare, from much wearing) after some 10-12 years is, because of the "linings," aka cotton slips.

No comments:

Post a Comment