Wednesday, February 23, 2022

About 15 years ago, read a statement from C.S. Lewis, and yeah, his writings

aren't Scripture, but Lewis's writings sure lead me to the Bible.  At the time, i wanted no parts of thundering (southern) preachers who preached the whole council of the Lord (KJB).  Became interested in  C.S. Lewis, because he was an intellectual, a progressive sort of person - not like those crusty old Baptist preachers :)  Oh, but guess what!  Lewis also believed the Bible, as it is.  In one of his writings, he had quoted something that Paul the Apostle had said about, per the Lord's power - and not Paul's - being able to save "some of you."  (Had to google - it's in 1 Corinthians 9:22)  Anyway, it was THAT Scripture which paved the way to me listening, preferring the sermons written by crusty old KJB preachers.

Anyway, in starting this post, the statement that Lewis wrote, goes along something like this: if you're having a struggle fitting in with the world, it could be because you weren't meant to fit in with the world.  So, in other words, it's okay to not be just another borg.  

Godda get to work now ... uhm, doing a good  and thorough job IS Biblical.  Bye :)


"To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak : I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some." I Corinthians 9:22

No comments:

Post a Comment