Thursday, November 19, 2020

i don't know the guy, or the situation that lead him to have it out with his pastor. But i did listen to one of the pastor's sermons -

well, about the first 10 minutes, couldn't stomach any more.  The preeech speeech...ya know, like this:

thus a sayeth the Lord a you a are a sinner a and a need a to a get your sins a which are a many a forgiven a...  Fast talk and no pause between sentences, it's jarring.

It's not the message, that's a turn-off - the message is true, and if not-so little susie has a problem with it, tough beans.  

Anyway, per the story as related by another preacher - a personal friend of pastor preeech-speeech - preeech called the guy a thief, because he wasn't tithing (off the top?) all the time.  

Evidently, the guy was convicted (bothered) by the short bills he was putting in the plate.  (Yeah dude, know that feeling!)  Don't know the man's situation, and his situation is none of my beeswax - and none of speeech's either.  Oh, could it be, the man was rather behind the financial 8-ball, before covid brought its dose of financial persecution?  Is the guy about one or two unexpected expenses away from possibly losing his house?

Or maybe, he's just a bit miffed.  Before covid, preeech somehow had the money for airline tickets and lodging at nice hotels.  (Mrs Preeech's mid-managerial wages at work???  And does she even get to go along?)  Anyway, was the guy's last va-ca sometime during the second half of the Clinton administration - he and the mrs went to the beach for a few days?

Jus' askin'

3 comments:

  1. I studied the bible a lot, Malachi 3:15 actually was for money to be given to the poor, not a 10 percent cut to the preachers. It's not even biblical. I never tithed, I had rent to pay and food to eat. The churches got what I could spare, and that's it. My pastor went on constant shopping trips, and bought himself a boat. I figured he could survive. The church was in an old paid for building with only an electric bill to pay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Peeps, yep, i get very suspicious of preachers leaning on people who are barely getting by. And the guilt tactics? One guy got guilted for using his Sunday-stickup money to fix his car - uh, so he could get back and forth to work. Yeah, while preeech is boarding an air-plane. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Religion is about making money and control of the masses. Think about that. My first IFB pastor went to Canada where his wife's family lived almost every other weekend, and shopping every second. In his 20s, he had a house three times as big as my apartment when I was in my 30s. He bought a giant sail boat. This guy's life was nothing like mine, I laughed when they touted the 10 percent cut, they never got it from me. The second IFB pastor had his new 50,000 dollar car, as I drove up, in my then 15 year old rusted out van with no muffler, there was no way I was going to unload the cash. Calvary Chapel, that guy was some sort of middle class, church too small. The evangelical world is going to die, thinking it's still 1980 and everyone has boomer money.

      Delete