Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Husband passed away in October of this past year.

This blog will be a bit touch and go, because widows have to be careful.  There's wolves out there.  Whenever, even after years, after my mother-in-law lost her husband, whenever someone would call for him, she'd say, "He's not here, i'll let him know you called."

The other day - and the lady didn't mean to offend - a girlfriend referred to me as "single."  Held my peace, she is a wonderful friend.  i ain't single.  Single holds the connotation of looking - or realizing ya dun hit th' wall...sa-mack!  That yer so out of the market.  Well, so flipping what, bein' ouddath' market!  What am i?  A pair of pants?

i ain't single, no-how!  i am a widow, and my late Husband is (in the words of my grandma, describing her late Husband) "is a tough act to follow."  And yeah, it's only been a few months since my Husband's passing, but the Lord Jesus keep me from the entire foolishness - that wwaaaayyyy too many old ladies get in involved in.

Looked at several widow-blog lists, and many talk about dating.  Makes me want to vomit! And these days, dating carries the connotation of fornicatin'-goin'-on.  Uhm, that's sin.  Is peewee worth going to hell for?  Oh, i don't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment